Furnace Maintenance and Repair
When winter comes in North Carolina, every home needs a working furnace. Whether you’re looking for general furnace maintenance, tune-up options, or emergency furnace repair for those unexpected breakdowns, the professionals at Hawley Air Heating and Cooling have got your back. Our trained heating technicians have more than 30 years of combined experience working with all types of furnaces and heating units.
Furnace Warning Signs
Lack of routine maintenance can result in higher energy costs from inefficient operation and can often lead to inconvenient, unexpected system failure. Knowing the signs that it might be time for furnace maintenance could save you thousands of dollars down the road. Be on the lookout for the following:
- Thermostat Issues: Problems with the thermostat can cause the heat or fan to malfunction or the temperature inside your home to get too hot or too cold.
- Broken Parts: Airflow issues caused by worn or broken fan motors, belts, and bearings can trigger further damage.
- Dirty Filters: Filters can become dirty or clogged, which restricts airflow and prevents the system from properly heating the air. This forces the furnace to work harder to circulate air through the home. In some cases, this could damage the limit switch, which controls the fan.
- Ignition Problems: Pilot or ignition problems can shut off a heating unit entirely and not allow any warm air through.
- Uneven Heating: If your furnace is unevenly heating your home, there could be a number of issues causing problems, from improper equipment to duct problems.
- Higher Utility Bills: Higher utility bills often indicate an inefficient system that has to run longer to provide the same amount of heat.
Emergency Furnace Repair
Hawley Air Heating and Cooling offers emergency furnace repair services for emergency situations. We will come to your house to address any emergency furnace issues you face. You can rest assured that our technicians will provide the highest level of customer service and professionalism. In fact, every member of our team has passed an extensive background check and has the proper training and experience to quickly diagnose and resolve issues with all types of furnaces.
Hawley Air 20 Point Furnace Tune Up
Schedule a 20 Point Furnace Tune Up with Hawley Air and our technicians will do a full inspection.
Our technician will perform the following steps:
- Test and cycle air conditioner
- Calibrate thermostat and proper operations
- Inspect gas piping and valve
- Verify proper ignition
- Check and record temperature rise
- Clean burners and adjust for maximum efficiency
- Clean flame sensor
- Safety check all controls for proper operation
- Check for gas leaks near furnace
- Inspect blower assembly operation, lubricate, and adjust as necessary
- Test for carbon monoxide
Our technician will also visually inspect the following:
12. Air filters
13. Primary heat exchanger
14. Secondary heat exchanger
15. Combustion intake and exhaust piping
16. Electrical connections
17. Circuit boards
18. Blower assembly
19. Draft inducer assembly
20. Furnace condensate drain line